- RIP-N-PLAY (1TB) – 1TB HDD (2,000 - 3,000 CDs in FLAC or 10,000 CDs in MP3 – based on 320Kbps MP3s)
- RIP-N-PLAY (2TB) – 1TB HDD (4,000 - 6,000 CDs in FLAC or 20,000 CDs in MP3 – based on 320Kbps MP3s)
The AVA Media RIP-N-PLAY allows you to easily make and store top-quality digital copies of your CDs. You can then enjoy your new music library wherever you want to hear it – in the same room, all over the house or even on the move.
The RIP-N-PLAY is simple to set up, works with just about any music service/system going – from Apple iTunes to SONOS, via a world of DNLA devices and more – and supports FLAC, ALAC (Apple Lossless) and MP3 formats.
All this talent sits inside the RIP-N-PLAY’s precision-engineered aluminium casing, which is almost silent in operation and uses a fraction of the electricity of typical computer-based systems.
Designed, built and fully supported in Britain by a company with 30 years of mechanical design expertise and world leading IT credentials, the AVA Media RIP-N-PLAY is a media server like no other.
Learn more about RIP-N-PLAY, and why it's a UK success story!
- Fast, accurate CD ripping – to start, just insert a disc
- Simple to use – plug in two cables and it’s ready to go
- Album information and cover art automatically added
- Supports native CD features – including gapless playback
- Near-silent operation
- Extremely low power consumption
- Explore and play your music library via smartphone/tablet app or any web browser- wherever you are in the house or world
- Control, manage and optimise via web browser
- Open architecture: works with everything from iTunes to SONOS, DNLA devices to Roku and Samba
- Quick, simple back-up to any USB drive
- Crafted from aerospace-grade aluminium
- Neat design: 54x332x185mm (HxWxD)
- Designed, built and supported in UK by expert engineers
How it Works
The AVA Media RIP-N-PLAY takes seconds to set up: just plug in power and network cables, wait for the green light and start ripping.
Insert a music CD into the RIP-N-PLAY slot loader and all its track information, plus album art, is automatically retrieved from our premium metadata partner.
Rip and store in high-quality FLAC or ALAC (Apple Lossless) format, with option to down-convert to MP3 where required. Ripping is fast, accurate and automated; discs automatically eject afterwards.
The RIP-N-PLAY (1TB) can hold 2,000-3,000 CDs in FLAC format; the 2TB RIP-N-PLAY doubles that capacity. Use 320Kbps MP3 format and you can store around 10,000 CDs per 1TB.
The RIP-N-PLAY (2TB) can hold 4,000-6,000 CDs in FLAC format; the 2TB RIP-N-PLAY doubles that capacity. Use 320Kbps MP3 format and you can store around 20,000 albums per 2TB.
RIP-N-PLAY uses an open architecture that means your music is easily accessible to a vast range of playback and streaming systems. From the world of Apple iTunes and DNLA devices to Roku, Samba and SONOS systems, it works seamlessly with them all.
See comparison on AVA Media Audio Rippers here...
Please note that the archiving of discs may not be legal in your region, and the decision to use the RIP-N-PLAY, Zara or Zaram to archive audio and video files is the responsibility of the user. Please refer to Format Shifting for further information.